iOS 15 Visual Lookup only works on certain iPhones and iPads.
Who knew – well my mom wanted to ID some flowers she had photos of but could not make it work – its widely touted on the web that iOS 15 can ID a number of things visually but its not widely documented that you need to be running a iPhone or iPad to make it work.
If your device’s software is up to date and Visual Look Up still isn’t working, it may be because your device doesn’t support the feature. Visual Look Up only works on devices with the A12 Bionic chip or later. The following models support Visual Look Up:
- iPad mini, 5th generation, and later
- iPad, 8th generation, and later
- iPad Air, 3rd generation and later
- iPad Pro 11-inch, all generations
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd generation and later
- iPhone SE (2020)
- iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR
- iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro Max