The new update 5.9.0 has borked at least 10 of my sites in any number of ways. Galleries cant be arranged, plugins dont work… More details can be found online but for now if i find something isn’t working I am gonna assume its a result of this auto update snafu and I am going to downgrade first before trying to fix a simple stupid issue…
To downgrade use a plugin named WP Downgrade and this tutorial…
Steps to downgrade to WordPress version 5.8.3
- Log into your WordPress site dashboard.
- Navigate to Plugins > Add New.
- Search for WP Downgrade | Specific Core Version plugin. Install and activate this plugin.
- Navigate to Settings > WP Downgrade.
- Put 5.8.3 in WordPress Target Version field and click Save Changes.
- Click on Up-/Downgrade Core button. This will take you to WordPress Updates page.
- Click on Re-install version 5.8.3 button.
- Done! Now you are on WordPress 5.8.3. You can now rearrange your gallery as you please!
Put this in your wp-config.php file to keep WP Auto Update from borking your install…
/** Prevents auto update by WordPress or plugins. */
define( ‘WP_AUTO_UPDATE_CORE’, false );
add_filter( ‘auto_update_plugin’, ‘__return_false’ );
add_filter( ‘auto_update_theme’, ‘__return_false’ );